Table of Content
Beacon Log Files
Every 10 seconds the Faros software (http://www.dxatlas.com/faros/) completes one measurement. This measurement is logged in a Comma Separated Value (CSV) file. One file contains all the measurements of 24 hours. You can open this file in a spreadsheet or import it in a database.
- Time in UTC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time\). Format = Hours:minutes:seconds.
- Band in MHz.
- Callsign of radio beacon station.
- Signal to Noise Ration (SNR) in dB.
- QSB index in %.
- Evidence. Indicates the probability, the signal came from this beacon. A logarithmic scale is used.
- Delay in milliseconds (ms).
You can find more information in the Faros user manual (German language, PDF, 547kB) (http://www.dxatlas.com/Faros/Files/Faros_PDF.zip).
SNR and Path Plots
Find a Signal to Noise Ratio and Path plot, from 2013 May 30 onwards.
Signal Noise Ratio plot
Ten Years Open Radio Data
On Friday October 1 (2021) we uploaded the Faros logs of September. This indicated ten years of almost continuous operation of our monitor station. We are a bit proud of that. A great bit actually.
We hope to continue this service to the Ham community, for many years to come.
The main maintainer of the equipment is Rens (PA3FGA), with help from Henry (PA3EWG). Support and host of the site is done by Computer Club Medical Systems. With thanks to Ton for maintenance of the web site.